* Drink plenty of water throughout the day. Drinking eight glasses of water is almost like a must. And do not forget to drink water in the morning, the moment you wake up. In fact this is one of the most rapid weight loss tips that the dietitians suggest to the people since it gets the body's fluids moving efficiently.
* Exercise for at least 30 minutes every day. This might be the only activity your body gets. Don't convince yourself that any running around you do for errands and kid chauffeuring is being active. Most of that time you're sitting in a car or at an event. Be up and moving- walk, jog, run. Perform resistance exercise 3 times per week so that you do not lose muscle. The more muscle you have the more calories your body burns.
* Eat organic foods such as apples, bananas, strawberries, pineapple, plain full-fat yogurt and unpasteurized cheeses, beans, tomatoes, carrots, spinach, nuts & seeds, eggs, raw honey, wild salmon, and so on.
* Eat slowly so that you can get a feeling that you have had enough food and you are full. Eating slowly will allow your brain to catch up to your belly. It takes about 20 minutes for that to happen.
*Soft drinks cannot benefit you in any way. They contain at least 150 empty calories. If you substitute one soft drink with water each day it will do wonders for you. It will enable you to lose at least 16 lbs per year and you will be much more energized.
* Don't be fooled by and rely on fat burning diet supplements. They wont do anything, but lower your wallet- not your mid-line.