Here's a REALLY yummy recipe for you that one of my clients found while looking for grain free dishes for her family. Thanks to the Nutty Kitchen blog for bringing this to us.
Primal Meat Sauce
2 large shallots, sliced
2 medium green onions, sliced
1/8 cup unrefined coconut oil
2 Serrano chilies, seeds in
1 medium red bell pepper, coarsely chopped
2 small tomatoes, chopped
1 teaspoon marjoram, ground in your palm
3 pinches Turkish cumin
1 teaspoon caraway seed(pick up at most grocery stores)
2 pinches Himalayan to taste
6 ounces tomato paste (only ingredient is tomatoes)
6 ounces water
2 lbs Grass-Fed Ground Beef
2 tablespoons Red wine vinegar
2 baby Portobello mushrooms, coarsely chopped
1 bay leaf
1. Heat coconut oil on medium-high and add shallots and green onions – brown until glossy golden.
2. Add tomatoes, bell pepper, bay leaf and chilies.
3. Saute for about 5 minutes, and add mushrooms, marjoram, cumin, and caraway seed; continue to cook for another minute or two, stirring all ingredients well.
4. Add beef. Be sure to break up any large chunks of meat so to ensure that spices and flavors can penetrate through the beef.
5. Once the beef is slightly browned, add sea salt and stir well.
6. Now add the tomato paste and stir in water.
7. Stir well, add vinegar, stir well once more, cover, and reduce heat to the lowest possible.
8. Simmer for 30 minutes and serve with your favorite side dish. Note: Modify spices or ingredients to taste after simmer time is up.
This is great on top of zucchini and/or squash spaghetti for a real grain free dish that is guilt free, very nutritious, and health promoting for your body. I don't know anyone who doesn't love the energy from this meal.